Data Output via serial

iDaniel

Data Output via serial

Post by iDaniel »

Hi,

i want to measure via Ultrasonic Sensor the distance from ground and than send them via serial monitor too my pc. Later to an sd card, but i havent the sd board now.
My problem is that the multiwii code have it´s own serial output code and the normal serial.print(cm); for example doesn´t work.
Does anybody know how i can solve this problem? My programing skills are very beginner and i had only one C++ course last year at the university.

My Board is the arduino Uno with hc-sr04 and gy-88 sensor board

greets
Daniel

Cereal_Killer

Re: Data Output via serial

Post by Cereal_Killer »

What will you be using to display this data?

What you're wanting to do is already possible using the MSP (Multiwii Serial Protoocol). Take a look at open log and telemetry systems (Bluetooth or 3DR radio).

iDaniel

Post by iDaniel »

I want to show the data in the arduino serial monitor, for example. My goal is to generate a Model from the copter out of the Data from the sonar and the Throttlevalues. For this i need to measure them anyway

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer »

Well man, like I mention, you're gonna have to use the MSP, coding your own protocol is gonna take up to much space.

What exact FC are you using?

Check this out, it does everything you want
https://github.com/renes/multiwiiDataLogger
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1070

iDaniel

Post by iDaniel »

Thank you, i will chek it out ;)
I have some FC´s i coult youse, arduino nano, nanowii, naze32 and quanton, but i thougt multiwii would be the easyest way to start?!

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer »

Multiwii is the name of the code, you run that code on a flight control board (such as the one's you named)... Which one of those are you going to use as there will be different logger options? You didnt mention you had a Naze32, the vest best logging option is BlackBox, logging data over MSP is cool, but it's just not fast enough to really go into detail. Blackbox log's EVERYTHING, every single bit of data in every single control loop, there is no way it cant give you [way more than] what you need!

BlackBox:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2299805