half the pexles on my OLED no longer work

Cereal_Killer

half the pexles on my OLED no longer work

Post by Cereal_Killer »

Hey guys, last night I was doing some soldering adding in some LED's and stuff and today I went to fly and noticed my OLED looking strange. It seems to be missing about half the pixles, I cant tell for sure but it looks like every other horizontal line is missing. I've went over all connections and verified everything is perfect. I also verified I have 5v on the i2C buss' power rail.

I dont know if it's some issue I've caused or perhaps the OLED has gone bad, I've had this thing forever on MANY different projects. I dont have my computer where I am today but I plan to do a clean reinstall of the entire sketch tomorrow (thinking maybe one tiny little bit had corrupted or something, tho I've not found any other issues at all).

I can live with it (actually I could live without the OLED all together now that I've got it tuned) but I have to wonder what's going on, why this happened. I really dont believe it had anything to do with the work I was doing on it yesterday, just coincidence but I've really went over all the connections with a fine tooth comb and I'm 99.999% sure it's not a wiring issue.

Two better pic's

Cereal_Killer

Re: half the pexles on my OLED no longer work

Post by Cereal_Killer »

Update / solved- wasn't a MW / code issue, the display started getting more and more dead lines so I tried it with a stand alone arduino and the same I thing happened and now it's only got ~10 lines left on the bottom. If this happens to yours it's definitely the display going bad.