Problem getting Turnigy Plush 30A ESC to arm

tg1390

Problem getting Turnigy Plush 30A ESC to arm

Post by tg1390 »

Hi Everyone,

I'm having some trouble getting the Turnigy 30A ESC to arm via the stick combination on the Turnigy TGY9x transmitter. Here's my setup:

* Turnigy TGY 9x transmitter
* Turnigy Plush 30A ESC
* MultiWii PRO Flight Controller w/MTK GPS Module

And here are the settings already set in my config.h file:

Code: Select all

/**************************    The type of multicopter    ****************************/

#define QUADP

/****************************    Motor minthrottle    *******************************/
    /* Set the minimum throttle command sent to the ESC (Electronic Speed Controller)
       This is the minimum value that allow motors to run at a idle speed  */
    //#define MINTHROTTLE 1300 // for Turnigy Plush ESCs 10A
    //#define MINTHROTTLE 1120 // for Super Simple ESCs 10A
    //#define MINTHROTTLE 1064 // special ESC (simonk)
    //#define MINTHROTTLE 1050 // for brushed ESCs like ladybird
    #define MINTHROTTLE 1180 // (*) (**)

/****************************    Motor maxthrottle    *******************************/
    /* this is the maximum value for the ESCs at full power, this value can be increased up to 2000 */
    #define MAXTHROTTLE 2000

/****************************    Mincommand          *******************************/
    /* this is the value for the ESCs when they are not armed
       in some cases, this value must be lowered down to 900 for some specific ESCs, otherwise they failed to initiate */
    #define MINCOMMAND  900

/**************************************************************************************/
  /*****************          boards and sensor definitions            ******************/
  /**************************************************************************************/

/***************************    Combined IMU Boards    ********************************/
      /* if you use a specific sensor board:
         please submit any correction to this list.
           Note from Alex: I only own some boards, for other boards, I'm not sure, the info was gathered via rc forums, be cautious */

#define FFIMUv2         // second version of 9DOF+baro board from Jussi, with HMC5883       <- confirmed by Alex

/*************************************************************************************************/
/*****************                                                                 ***************/
/****************  SECTION  2 - COPTER TYPE SPECIFIC OPTIONS                               *******/
/*****************                                                                 ***************/
/*************************************************************************************************/
  /********************************  PID Controller *********************************/

// #define ONLYARMWHENFLAT //prevent the copter from arming when the copter is tilted

Everything else is unchanged from the default values.

When I connect the battery, the motor beeps once, I then pull both sticks on the transmitter down and to the right. I see no movement from the motor.

I've attempted to set ESC_CALIB_CANNOT_FLY and run the calibration but no change.

In the MultiWiiConf program, the throttle goes to 1000 and 1950. I think this may be an issue with the Transmitter settings, but I'm not sure. This happens even when I set the MINTHROTTLE through the settings page.

At one point, I was able to get the motors arming, but I've lost that configuration setting unfortunately.

Any help is appreciated. Please let me know if you need any additional information about my setup. I've left out GPS configuration, motor brand etc but I'd be happy to provide anything requested.

Cheers,

braden87

Re: Problem getting Turnigy Plush 30A ESC to arm

Post by braden87 »

BUMP!

scrat

Re: Problem getting Turnigy Plush 30A ESC to arm

Post by scrat »

If you can't arm with stick then you must extend stick throws. They must go from 1000 to 2000.