Sketch Upload with Bluetooth Module

cyra

Sketch Upload with Bluetooth Module

Post by cyra »

Hi togheter

I have bought a Multiwii AIOP V1.0. My problem now is, that the USB Port on the board is broken. Additionally, I have a Bluetooth Module. I can connect the board with my Mac, but when I want to upload a Sketch, it doesn't work...
How can I uploaf the Sketch with Bluetooth?

Thank you very much for your support!

Best regards,
cyra

copterrichie

Re: Sketch Upload with Bluetooth Module

Post by copterrichie »

You will need to change the BT speed to 19200/57600 (don't recall which) baud and because many of the BT adapters do not have the DTR/CTS pins connected, at the point when the IDE starts to send the data, you will have to press the reset button providing there is one on the board. I personally have not done it but have seen others.

Good Luck.

cyra

Post by cyra »

Hi copterrichie
Thank you very much for your answer!
Ok, that sounds good. But I don't know, how to change the baudrate...
Do you know how to do this on a Macbook?

Thanks again and have a nice evening.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Mainly, you need to change the baud rate of the BT connected to the FC, the BT on the Macbook will adjust automatically when the IDE sends the data. How to change the Baud of your BT connected to the FC, you will need to check the BT manufacture's manual for it.

Not trying to discourage you here however, with 8bits FCs as cheap as 15 bucks shipped, may save some trouble by just getting a new FC.

bajacondor

Post by bajacondor »

Another option is a FTDI usb/serial cable or breakout board. You can connect that to the serial port where your BT module is.

I haven't had much luck with uploading sketches OR the config gui via Bluetooth. My windows 8 machine always makes 2 bt-serial com ports, and neither will connect. Ez-Gui through my android works fine though.