Voltage monitoring guide

Christian W

Voltage monitoring guide

Post by Christian W »

This is probably a simple guide for a lot of people, but as a multiwii user I had some problems finding the answers. I made therefor a guide so other multiwii users like me could easy set this up. :) I dont have acess to the wiki but I think it would be usefull there. https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7nommwv3orb5 ... toring.pdf. And sorry for bad spelling if it is the case.

Hamburger

Re: Voltage monitoring guide

Post by Hamburger »

Nothing there?

haydent

Post by haydent »

the dl worked for me:
Attachments
Voltage Monitoring.zip
(61.62 KiB) Downloaded 328 times

NikTheGreek

Post by NikTheGreek »

In my tests i useed a 5K multiturn Potensiometer as voltage divider and working fine. :D
like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-x-5K-OHM-TRIMPOT-TRIMMER-POTENTIOMETER-3296W-3296-FREE-SHIPPING-/261074440201?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc93fd009
This way you can adjust the Voltage exactly to the required value. ;)

haydent

Post by haydent »

they are very cool in size compraed with the old big ones. my voltage sense comes from current sensor so not so easy to add, so i trim it in the code

wiihoo

Post by wiihoo »

Thanks for the guide. I found it searching for this question that isn't answered in the guide:
To perform lipo monitoring, do I still need to use a voltage divider at port A3 even though I'm powering the board from a lipo? It would seem sort of redundant have to do that.

P.S. I noticed a smoke making error in your guide: the resistors are in the wrong order.

brewski

Re: Low Voltage monitoring with flashing LED strip

Post by brewski »

Hi Guys,

I have already modified my Crius (clone) SE V2.5 for voltage monitoring & have live display in GUI.
As MW V2.3 has detection points for low voltage I would like to use an output on board, buffer it with mosfet and control one of the LED strips I've installed on quad.
It would be really cool to have slow flash at first trigger point with increasing flash rate as battery discharges towards safe low limit.

Has anyone done this?

Cheers...B