Connecting BUZZER, LED to Crius AIO PRO / Mega 2560

nhadrian

Connecting BUZZER, LED to Crius AIO PRO / Mega 2560

Post by nhadrian »

hi all,

I'm just going to wire my new setup based on Mega 2560 (Crius AIO Pro+ext. board), and I want to use the BUZZER and LED TOGGLE functions for battery monitoring!!!
Please give me an advice how to connect the 12V LED stripes to the output of the Mega. For Buzzer, should I connect the proper type of buzzer directly to the output? Should I use a buzzer soldered out from a LIPO watcher?
I'm looking for a safe solution, so LEDs connected directly to the MEGA's output is not an option. I'd use small circuit based on a FET. Small hand drawed circuits are wellcome.... ;) :D
Thanks in advance!

BR
Adrian

PS.: I checked, for a MEGA 2560 BUZZER should connected to Nr.32 output and for LED TOGGLE Leds sould connected to the Nr. 13 or 30 output. Am I right???

flyboy_____

Re: Connecting BUZZER, LED to Crius AIO PRO / Mega 2560

Post by flyboy_____ »

Same here.
Were to connect:
- Buzzer (needs driver?)
- Led (Lipo status)
- Lipo voltage sense
- Led Flasher
- Led landing lights

dr.tom

Post by dr.tom »

check this thread,

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... st22266126

much info, some PDF's
even alternative firmware (ardupirate) usefull for gps+aeroplane mode+RTH, which MWC doesn't have yet :(

also be carefull with usb connector, it breaks easily,
best to use BT for pid tuning once firmw. is uploaded.

flyboy_____

Post by flyboy_____ »

Can't find there useful info for all my questions:

I'm moving from Crius SE to Crius AIO Pro, and still trying to find were to connect things. Can you help me check if this ir correct?:

- Buzzer connects to pin 32 (with 1kohm resistor) (identified has CamPitch on this board) (needs external driver. right?)

- Led (Lipo status): connects to pin 32 (with 1kohm resistor) (identified has CamPitch on this board)

- Lipo voltage sense: connects to pin A3 from A0~A5 plug

- Led Flasher: with this quoted procedure (port C4) connects to pin 33 (with 1kohm resistor or transistor if more then 1 led) (identified has CamRoll on this board)

- Led landing lights: By default uses port C0 witch is digital pin 37... where is that? what to use?

I thought that Pin 32 and 33 were inputs from radio Rx to assign 2 channels to control cam pitch and roll, that will override stabilization movements. Is this correct?
If it is I want to use this feature. In this case what pins should I use for led flash and led lipo/buzzer?

flyboy_____

Post by flyboy_____ »

Can't find there useful info for all my questions:

I'm moving from Crius SE to Crius AIO Pro, and still trying to find were to connect things. Can you help me check if this ir correct?:

- NOT TESTED/DOES NOT WORK Buzzer connects to pin 32 (with 1kohm resistor) (identified has CamPitch on this board) (needs external driver. right?)

- NOT TESTED/DOES NOT WORK Led (Lipo status): connects to pin 32 (with 1kohm resistor) (identified has CamPitch on this board)

- TESTED/WORKING Lipo voltage sense: connects to pin A0 from A0~A5 plug

- TESTED/WORKING Led Flasher: I changed code and use port B5 = pin 11 (with 1kohm resistor or transistor if more then 1 led)

- TESTED/WORKING Led landing lights: I changed code and use port B6 = pin 12 (with 1kohm resistor or transistor if more then 1 led) SONAR SRC04 NOT WORKING CONNECTED DIRECTLY DO AIO PRO.

I thought that Pin 32 and 33 were inputs from radio Rx to assign 2 channels to control cam pitch and roll, that will override stabilization movements. Is this correct?
If it is I want to use this feature. In this case what pins should I use for led flash and led lipo/buzzer?

flyboy_____

Post by flyboy_____ »

UPDATED INFO

- TESTED/WORKING Buzzer/led Lipo monitor connects to pin 32 (with 1kohm resistor) (identified has CamPitch on this board) (needs external driver to sound the buzzer)

- TESTED/WORKING Led Flasher: I changed code and use port B5 = pin 11 (with 1kohm resistor or transistor if more then 1 led)

- TESTED/WORKING Led landing lights: I changed code and use port B6 = pin 12 (with 1kohm resistor or transistor if more then 1 led) SONAR SRC04 NOT WORKING CONNECTED DIRECTLY DO AIO PRO.

I thought that Pin 32 and 33 were inputs from radio Rx to assign 2 channels to control cam pitch and roll, that will override stabilization movements. Is this correct or possible?
If it is I want to use this feature. In this case what pins should I use for led flash and led lipo/buzzer?[/quote]

Pin 34 and 35 are used for what?

lakis21

Post by lakis21 »

flyboy_____ wrote:UPDATED INFO

- TESTED/WORKING Buzzer/led Lipo monitor connects to pin 32 (with 1kohm resistor) (identified has CamPitch on this board) (needs external driver to sound the buzzer)

Can you give more informations? if is possible a diagram and what changes I have to do on the code.
Do you have a light or buzzer when arming or disarming?

Thanks in advance!

Steve_In_Brussels

Post by Steve_In_Brussels »

Hey Flyboy -- I'd be interested too in knowing the code changes you made.

* The Buzzer works fine on the *Pad* labelled as Pin 32 (I have to test if this is the same as CamPitch -- because I want to use a camera that pitches can I direct this to Pin12? If so how? (No need for landing lights for me.)
* LiPo voltage sense works fine on A0 as above.
* Led Flasher -- please what is the code change?

This mega board is great but its hard to do some of the connections. Help appreciated.