Troubleshooting MP+ and Nunchuck on Paris 4.0

dwarrenku

Troubleshooting MP+ and Nunchuck on Paris 4.0

Post by dwarrenku »

I think I'm going crazy. The boards are soldered and connected. I've continuity checked all connections and there's no wires that are bridged/shorted between the board and the MP+. I uploaded the Arduino sketch (which was fine since I'm not new to Arduino programming), then looked at the conf gui and this is what I found, a big box of nothingness...

As you can see, the debug2 value is going nuts. It goes on a sweep from -32000 all the way to +32000. From what I understand, this is the debug value for the barometric sensor, which I don't have. Also, the voltage in the gui reads 2.6, which might be a problem but I have no idea what that voltage is reading. Here are the voltages for wires going from the MP+ to the Paris board:
SCL - 4.8v
SDA - 0.77v
Pin 12 - 4.8v

Also, here is the image of the WM+ on the board. It's not pretty since I've tried different combinations of the voltage (3v3 or pin12) and the I2C, but it is what it is. The nunchuck is on the other side:

I'm clearly doing something wrong, do you know what it is?

Wayne

Re: Troubleshooting MP+ and Nunchuck on Paris 4.0

Post by Wayne »

MW no longer needs pin 12 so move that wire over to +5.
Then in the sketch disable the int. pull-ups….
//#define INTERNAL_I2C_PULLUPS
On Paris V4 solder the bridge enabling the external pull-ups.
If everything else is hooked up right guaranteed to work.

dwarrenku

Post by dwarrenku »

Thanks for the quick reply.
I just did the suggested and everything's the same in the GUI (sweeping debug 2 and no readings). I connected the MP+ to +5v and soldered the jumpers in the back while disabling the software I2C pullups. I checked the voltages again as well and they're the same, but now the 4.8v lines are 5v.

Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Next I would pull SDA & SCL off the NK and try to get just the WM+ to work.
I looked back at 1.9 and found that debug 2 is:
serialize16(i2c_errors_count); // debug2
Therefore you have a conflict on your I2C lines.
If you still get errors on debug 2 after unhooking the NK try swapping the I2C lines on the WM+.