Post by FPVhEx »

PLEASE TAKE A QUICK LOOK maybe you can help me out

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2587733

Kbev5709

Re: ARDUINO with GY-86 throttle issue

Post by Kbev5709 »

FPVhEx wrote:PLEASE TAKE A QUICK LOOK maybe you can help me out

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2587733

Sounds to me like a battery issue. Do you use a good balance charger? Sounds like one or more cells are out of balance. A fully charged LiPo should read 12.4 v not 11.6. All of the symptoms you describe lead me to believe the battery is not charging properly. Measure the voltage across the balance connector one cell at a time using a good v/ohm meter. If there is more than a half a volt difference between cells then you have a problem. Imbalance issues are guaranteed if you are using one of those "trickle" chargers that only charge through the balance plug. Don't own a meter? Get one and learn how it works. LiPo batteries aren't cheap and the right equipment and knowledge can keep them working longer.

FPVhEx

Post by FPVhEx »

I have the Onyx 235 Charger with a balance plug. I might have used a cheap Zippy Compact 1300 mAh battery, I will have to try out one of my lumenier 1300 mAh battery I keep them charger at 12.4-6. the Zippy Compact that swelled up, reads 4.15,4.16,4.17, after I charged it back up. so i will be pulling out my multi meter to see if i have a short some place but all the solder point look clean and nothing is touching, but for now i will have to test the battery on Monday because over here in the east coast we are getting hit with a huge blizzard.

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

Yeah, that's a good charger. When you use it do you use the balance charge or just the charge? Also, how fast do you charge? With a 1300 mah battery your charge rate should be 1.3.
4.15, 4.16, and 4.17 is just an almost balanced battery and is probably why you are having your problem. If it does not charge beyond those voltages it is most likely toast. Should charge to 4.20. I can almost guarantee you that the lowest cell is draining first and fastest during flight. It reaches the low threshold way before the other two and the craft goes down.

FPVhEx

Post by FPVhEx »

correct thats what it seems like,i charge it with the balance lead and charge it at 1.3 rate its just that one battery. so i will test with new battery and see if it doesn't mess up my good battery.