Quadcopter doesn't fly, where am i doing wrong?

luquad

Quadcopter doesn't fly, where am i doing wrong?

Post by luquad »

Hi ! i want to fly but the quad not leave the floor... as you can see
https://vimeo.com/44805531

what am i doing wrong?
THIS IS MY CONFIGURATION

- Turnigy L2210A-1650 Brushless Motor (180w) http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=14732
- TURNIGY Basic 25A v3.1 Speed Controller http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=3731
- Turnigy Talon Carbon Fiber Quadcopter Frame http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=22397
- Turnigy 4000mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9804
- Propellers 10x45 http://www.ebay.it/itm/10x45-4x-eliche-quadricottero-2SX-2DX-propeller-quadcopter-quadricopter-10x4-5-/180913234161?pt=Modellismo_Dinamico&var=&hash=item6fcc439705#ht_3640wt_1139

HELP ME PLEASE :( ... THANKS!

chris ables

Re: Quadcopter doesn't fly, where am i doing wrong?

Post by chris ables »

Props are to big for that high kv motor ! Also the c rating on that battery needs to be about 35c ! Looks like you are overpropping motors and underpowering them with the low c rating !! Just my opionion from experiance !! Also the 4000mah battery is probably kinda heavy !

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

Try some 8x5 props with a 2000 mah 3s 45c and i bet it flies then !

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

Yes those will work if you get a 2000mah 45c battery! The battery you have is way to heavy!! And not strong enough! An 1800mah 50c would be even better because it's lighter ! Another option you have is bigger motors to fly more weight ! Those motors you have people are running 7x4 props but you can run those 2 blade 8 inch you found at rctimer with higher c rating and lighter battery !! Good luck and post your progress when you change those ! Just to let you know rule of thumb is high kv motors run smaller props and lower kv motors 1000kv or less run bigger props !!! Just also be sure you dont run flimsy thin props like the gaui 8 inch because of flexxing ! Flexxing props cause gyro's to act crazy !! I run gemfan props and they do great under load and hard aerobatics !!!

luquad

Post by luquad »

Hi chris! i have just mounted battery and props but nothing happens :( :( i'm very frustrated... i have spent a lot of money but i can't do fly my quadcopter
this is the battery: http://www.modeltoy.it/product_info.php?products_id=6128&keywords=batteria%20lipo%20fullpower%20gold%203s%202200mA%20EC3
and these the props http://www.modeltoy.it/product_info.php?products_id=6105&keywords=1%20xset%204%20eliche%20controrotanti%208x4,5%20black%20per%20multicotteri
The quad's weight is about 700g
It remains still on the floor...
what can i try more? :(

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

From the video it looks like your props arent pushing any air downwards. it doesnt try to lift or anything.

so, either chris is right and your not matching your props to motor properly, or youve got something setup wrong.

looking at the picture above, do your motors spin the right direction? (on my setup the ccw props are on 3,9 and the cw on 10,11) and do all 4 motors push air downwards?

just for reference, i have 2 sets of motors, my 1600kv motors run 3blade 8x4, my 850kv motors run up to 2blade 10x4.5

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

The battery and props look good for your setup ! Have you hook it to gui and set the throttle range to 1000 low and 2000 high throttle on the upper right hand corner of gui ? You need to turn your radio on while in gui and set the endpoints from radio to get these ! Sounds like you may have not done this yet and you need to set these endpoints on all your channels not just the throttle !
Last edited by chris ables on Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

Tovrin is right, so do what he says also and check direction of motors spinning and be sure props are on the right way also ! Tovrin that battery and prop setup he had wouldnt be as near stable as the setup he has now ! Battery to heavy and weak and props to big for those motors . Luquad if green props are front the props are backwards ! Keep us informed of your progress ! :)

LenzGr

Post by LenzGr »

I concur, it looks as if the props pushing downwards. One easy way to test is to hold the quad in your hand, you'll feel the force of direction. Or put it on a scale - if the weight increases when you increase the throttle, it's clear :)

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

Thats right lenz but his motors are spinning wrong direction ! He needs to reverse motors and props ! EDIT: my bad the props are backwards and the motors spinning in correct direction !
Last edited by chris ables on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LenzGr

Post by LenzGr »

Well, if you reverse both at the same time, you'll end up with the wrong direction again, don't you? So the proper fix is probably to keep the props and just adjust the motor directions. This is quicker anyway, if you used bullet connectors to connect the motors and the ESC...

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

Ok after watching and starting the video 50 times i see that his motors are spinning in correct direction ! Didnt look at video this close until now ! Sorry ! Luquad your props are backwards so just reverse them and you will have liftoff ! Leave motor direction alone because they are correct !

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

also,this just dawned on me because i did this initially, make sure the lettering on ALL of your props is facing up. you get much less blow out of it if facing wrong direction. AND no matter what anyone will tell you, turning a CW prop upside down does NOT make it a CCW prop.

JeanLuc92500

Post by JeanLuc92500 »

Hi luquad,

If your props are pushing down your quad, you should feel the prop wind above the quad.

jl

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

He must be flying now looks like he diappeard !

luquad

Post by luquad »

hey guys don't worry i'm still here!! :D
i wasn't at home for a few days... and now i'm reading all the answers. thanks in advance for all the answers. ( really great forum!! )
however i will try what you have told me and then i will tell you what happens. if doesn't go, i will made a video on what i do step by step.

luquad

Post by luquad »

heylaaaaa!!! It FLIES ! .... or at least he got up a bit and I broke two propellers xD however i'm very happy!! THANKS A LOT TO Chris Ables and Tovrin!!

p.s. the problem it is that i mounted cw propellers on cw motors and ccw props on ccw motors... then i inverted them and my quad flies.

As soon as i'm ready to fly well, i will make a video to show how it is.

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

Thats great ! Sorry i didnt notice that right away in video! Just take you time flying and orientation is the hardest thing to learn while flying ! Hard to fly it if you dont know where the front is ! LOL