ROLL not working using Nano and FS-i6X

spawnsoftwaredesigns

ROLL not working using Nano and FS-i6X

Post by spawnsoftwaredesigns »

Hi Guys. I'm on my first drone build and I am using the FS-i6X RC with the FS-iA6B receiver. When testing with the MultiWiiConf tool I cannot get any response for the ROLL when I move the stick left and right. Everything else works fine.
I am using a NANO board and Channel 1 is connected to pin 4 on it.
I tried switching the throttle and the roll connections on the receiver and when i move the stick left and right to ROLL on the RC I can see the throttle values change on the software so I know that there is proper communication between the RC and Receiver.
I tested the wiring for the ROLL on pin 4 by connecting an LED and running a basic blink program. This works.
I am at a loss. Unless the pin 4 is not mapped to the ROLL function in multiwii?

spawnsoftwaredesigns

Re: ROLL not working using Nano and FS-i6X

Post by spawnsoftwaredesigns »

Just an update to this post. Still trying to figure out whats happening I used the following code to read the pulsewidth going from the receiver to the NANO

ch1 = pulseIn(2, HIGH, 25000);
ch2 = pulseIn(4, HIGH, 25000); //ROLL
ch3 = pulseIn(5, HIGH, 25000);
ch4 = pulseIn(6, HIGH, 25000);

I was only able to get values from ch1 and ch3.

If I change the HIGH to LOW I can now read the values from ch2 and ch4.

Any thoughts?

RCvertt

Re: ROLL not working using Nano and FS-i6X

Post by RCvertt »

spawnsoftwaredesigns wrote:...I tried switching the throttle and the roll connections on the receiver and when i move the stick left and right to ROLL on the RC I can see the throttle values change on the software...
Good test.

Now try connecting the receiver's throttle channel to pin 4 of the Nano. When your move the transmitter throttle stick, does the roll channel move in the Multiwii configurator?

If it doesn't move, then pin 4 on your Nano is dead and you need a new Nano. I suspect this is your issue. If it does move then I have no idea what is wrong.

Roll is definitely mapped to pin 4 of your nano. I assume you are compiling with the Nano option set as the board to upload to.