Afro ESC problem

Nudop

Afro ESC problem

Post by Nudop »

Hi, I think I got a problem with Afro ESC's 12A.

My Config is:

#define MINTHROTTLE 1064
#define MAXTHROTTLE 1950
#define MINCOMMAND 1000

My problem is:

I can ARM, or I think I can, because the ARM button becames green (1) and motors appears running in the GUI (2), but in fact motors are not spinning.
If I move ROLL or PITCH, or if I tilt the quadcopter (the IMU) motors start spinning.

I tried to do the ESC_CALIB_CANNOT_FLY but it doesn't work.

Please, help me.
Attachments
Immagine.jpg

LutzB

Re: Afro ESC problem

Post by LutzB »

Hi Nudop,

if your ESCs are really calibrated try increasing MINTHROTTLE in the gui until all motors spin. This might be somewhere around 1100.
In your screenshot the motor outputs are around 1200. Do they spin with this values or not? If not the calibration of the ESCs might have failed as this is a unusual high value IMHO.

Lutz

Nudop

Post by Nudop »

Hi Lutz, thank you for the sudden response.

Motors don't spin at all, also if i move the throttle to the max value.

In the GUI the value increases but nothing spins.

But strangely, if i move ROLL or PITCH, or if i tilt the quad, motors start spinning.

LutzB

Post by LutzB »

Sorry but I have no other idea what might be wrong with your setup.

Nudop

Post by Nudop »

Thanks anyway Lutz.

zill4

Post by zill4 »

Hello I am having what I think is the same problem.

I'm using basically the same setup as shown here:http://dronehitech.com/quadcopter-arduino-uno-multiwii/

-Arduino Uno
-gy-86 Acel,Bar,Mag
-HC-05 Bluetooth
-Flysky Fs-i6 receiver

So I tested the ESC's without going through the Arduino board and found they work, and respond to my receiver. (though not as intended)
I have connected the data cables from the ESC's into my D3, D9-11 ports. And, my receiver to my D2, D4-6 ports.
I'm having the same problem, MultiWii GUI reads the input from my receiver, but my motors do not ARM or spin (receive).

EDIT: Fixed my problem. Not sure if yours is the same, I noted that I was using the setup as linked. Using this setup, make sure that your Remote and receiver are setup correctly.
For me I had to rearrange the pins on my receiver such that I was able to throttle down and yaw right as to ARM and UNARM, (note no beeps were sounded on arming) after the motors responded.

Nudop

Post by Nudop »

hi Zill4,

i think my receiver is ok since i can see correct values in the IDE, infact i can ARM and UNARM.

Thank you for posting your problem and solution.