Motors violently jump when going above half throttle

wastevenson

Motors violently jump when going above half throttle

Post by wastevenson »

Hey guys. I'm wondering if any of you can shed some light on some motors I'm using.

When I go above half throttle, the motors jump or shake a bunch and make odd sounds, and if I push them, the ESCs will smoke. Everything immediately heats up when this happens. I have tried all three motor timing issues in the ESC programming.

I'm using Chinese A2212 / 5T 2700kv Motors and yellow Chinese 30A ESCs. I have no problems running these ESCs with the 930kv and 1000kv motors from the same manufacturer. And I see them being bundled with the 2700kv motors.

Any ideas?

gregd72002

Re: Motors violently jump when going above half throttle

Post by gregd72002 »

Have you tried running them in DYNBALANCE (or with all the yaw/pitch/roll PIDs set to 0)? I've seen something similar happening before to me. running it in DYNBALACE told me that there is nothing wrong with the ESC or motor.

wastevenson

Re: Motors violently jump when going above half throttle

Post by wastevenson »

So far I have just run them from the receiver while calibrating ESC. I am thinking the ESCs are incompatible with them. But then again, like I said, I see the motors bundled with what appears to be the same ESCs from several sellers on eBay.