Multiwii v2.5 board - motor doesn't spin as the throttle up

arunbalaji_AB

Multiwii v2.5 board - motor doesn't spin as the throttle up

Post by arunbalaji_AB »

Hello friends. I am new to Multiwii board. I am using Multiwii v2.5 as the flight controller for my quad-copter. I followed the youtube tutorial to setup the flight controller. I am using the following components
1. ESC hobbywing xrotor 40A
2. T motor 4010
3. Multiwii v2.5 flight controller board.
4. FS i6 Remote controller as tx nd rx.

i uploaded the code from multwii google code. When i rise up the throttle the following thing hapens
* front L and rear R motor does not start to spin till the throttle go up the mid level. Even after that the value start to decrease.
* Front R and Rear L motor start to spin when i give throttle and the value get increased even no throttle is given further.

Please anyone help me to sort out this issue.

LutzB

Re: Multiwii v2.5 board - motor doesn't spin as the throttle

Post by LutzB »

There are many things that can cause this behavior. As we cannot guess which video you are referring to, helping you is quite complicated.
Some things to check:
- ESCs calibrated?
- TX calibrated?
- ACC calibrated?
- MAG calibrated?

Sounds like your copter tries to yaw because of a not calibrated stick on your TX.

arunbalaji_AB

Post by arunbalaji_AB »

Thanks for your reply.
1) I done the esc calibration using the multiwii code. By comment the #define Esc_cannotfly.
2) Acc and Mag calibration are done using th multiwii GUI config.
3) what is tx calibration?

I am using the flysky fs i6 as my RC. how to calibrate the stick in it?

LutzB

Post by LutzB »

Use MultiWiiConf or WinGui or whatever you have to look at the running flight controller.
You have to adjust the endpoint and center of each stick to give you a range from 1000 to 2000 with 1500 at center position. This must be done on the tx side. I have no idea what this is called in the menu of your tx. Maybe subtrims, endpoints or something similar.

arunbalaji_AB

Post by arunbalaji_AB »

Thanks for the reply.
I connect the muliwii board and using the multiwii config, i read the tx value. The throttle value varies from 990 to 1990. i attach the screenshot of the GUI. when i rise the throttle the rpm of the motor is still gives the same problem. there is no lift.

Is it compulsory to keep the centre stick value as exactly 1500??

As you told i can find the option as Endpoints, Subtrim in my tx. But i dont know what to do with that things?!
Attachments
Screenshot (179).png

LutzB

Post by LutzB »

arunbalaji_AB wrote:Thanks for the reply.
I connect the muliwii board and using the multiwii config, i read the tx value. The throttle value varies from 990 to 1990. i attach the screenshot of the GUI. when i rise the throttle the rpm of the motor is still gives the same problem. there is no lift.

Is it compulsory to keep the centre stick value as exactly 1500??

As you told i can find the option as Endpoints, Subtrim in my tx. But i dont know what to do with that things?!

Yes get as close to 1500 as you can. This is mandatory and the root cause of your problem. 1514 is way too high for yaw. So MultiWii thinks you want to turn right and adjusts the motors: FR and RL high, FL and RR low.
The midpoint is even more important than the endpoints.