All motors don't spin

nihao211

All motors don't spin

Post by nihao211 »

I am building my quadcopter by using the following.
    ICStation MWC Flight Controller MPU6050 HMC5883L BMP
    SimonK 10A ESC & RCX 1804 2400KV Motor 5030
    Hobby King 2.4Ghz 6Ch Tx & Rx V2 (Mode 2)
    YKS 1300mah 7.4v 20C
I uploaded multiwii 2.4 to flight controller by uncommenting the only following 2 lines from config.h.

Code: Select all

#define QUADX
    #define HK_MultiWii_SE_V2  // Hobbyking board with MPU6050 + HMC5883L + BMP085
I confirmed the motions(it means the motion of throttle, yaw, pitch and roll) of servo motors from MultiWii gui programm(MultiWiiConf.exe).
At last I connected the battery, but I couldn't see motors spinning.
I hope your advise.
Thanks and Best Regards.

p.s.
I followed by http://www.instructables.com/id/Debugging-guide-of-MWC-flight-controller/?ALLSTEPS and I did it successfully.

Kbev5709

Re: All motors don't spin

Post by Kbev5709 »

Did you choose and enable an arming function in config.h? You will need to do things right in your sketch or it won't work. :o
Last edited by Kbev5709 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nihao211

Post by nihao211 »

I am a senior on this field. So I can't understand you mean. Can you tell me the exact line of config.h and explain that? Thanks for your replying.

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

nihao211 wrote:Can you tell me the exact line of config.h and explain that? Thanks for your replying.

/******************************** ARM/DISARM *********************************/
/* optionally disable stick combinations to arm/disarm the motors.
* In most cases one of the two options to arm/disarm via TX stick is sufficient */
#define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_YAW <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Use this line. Remove the two forward slashes
//#define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_ROLL

nihao211

Post by nihao211 »

Kbev5709 wrote:
nihao211 wrote:Can you tell me the exact line of config.h and explain that? Thanks for your replying.

/******************************** ARM/DISARM *********************************/
/* optionally disable stick combinations to arm/disarm the motors.
* In most cases one of the two options to arm/disarm via TX stick is sufficient */
#define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_YAW <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Use this line. Remove the two forward slashes
//#define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_ROLL

This line is uncommented by default.

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

So, it's enabled. Good. Have you tried to arm it using the yaw function on the TX? Did you center up your TX? If not, you will not be able to arm. I can not help you there. Find a youtube video for that.
Your statement:

"I uploaded multiwii 2.4 to flight controller by uncommenting the only following 2 lines from config.h"

lead me to believe that you only had these two things enabled and everything else not.

nihao211

Post by nihao211 »

Kbev5709 wrote:So, it's enabled. Good. Have you tried to arm it using the yaw function on the TX? Did you center up your TX? If not, you will not be able to arm. I can not help you there. Find a youtube video for that.
Your statement:

"I uploaded multiwii 2.4 to flight controller by uncommenting the only following 2 lines from config.h"

lead me to believe that you only had these two things enabled and everything else not.

Thanks for your advise. It seems to be very interesting for me and very important for building quadcopter. As you mentioned, I have poor knowledge on multiwii 2.4 firmware and so I can't change the contents in confing.h by myself. First of all, I must know how to arm it using yaw function or center up TX. I wish you give me the url related to that. Thanks again.

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

Just go search YouTube for "stick configuration "your TX". Since I don't have a clue what TX you use, which one you search for ("your TX") is up to you. Then go read all you can about the multiwii arduino code and how to use it. You can research that on google or whatever. Beyond that I'm going to wish you luck and take a break from this forum for a while.

nihao211

Post by nihao211 »

Kbev5709 wrote:Just go search YouTube for "stick configuration "your TX". Since I don't have a clue what TX you use, which one you search for ("your TX") is up to you. Then go read all you can about the multiwii arduino code and how to use it. You can research that on google or whatever. Beyond that I'm going to wish you luck and take a break from this forum for a while.

Hi, :D I could learn how to use yaw function on the TX and spin all servo motors from your helping. Thanks for your helping.