motor rpm problems

ryan27272

motor rpm problems

Post by ryan27272 »

Hey all,
Ok Im a real noob and not sure if I picked a hard board to start with. I got a Multiwii se v 2.6 for my hk x666. I have turnigy 1100kv motors and hk 20a esc's. The problem I am having is that two motors spin up to 1800rpm while one spins to about 1400-1500 and the fourth barely spins at all when I throttle up. I calibrated the Esc's to the transmitter. The values I changed in arduino are- changed to quad-x, and selected the crius se v2.0 board. Not sure what else I need to do.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ryan

Kbev5709

Re: motor rpm problems

Post by Kbev5709 »

Make sure your TX is centered. You do that using the endpoints menu and subtrim menu in your TX and set it using the readout of the GUI. There is a ton of vids on you tube on how to do it. Look for one for your TX.

ryan27272

Post by ryan27272 »

Thanks, messed with that all day today. No luck. Only thing i got it to do now is everytime i throttle up different motors decide to spin evertime. Ugh

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

If your props are not on try running the ESC calibration tool in the config.h sketch. Also, are you testing on the bench with no props? The behavior you describe happens upon bench testing motors and a FC that are static (not being flown) while running. The sensors don't have the needed input to operate the motors, the same as the way they have input when trying to fly.
If you have your TX centered up properly, put some props on and try to fly. Go easy on that throttle in your earliest tests.