Which Transmitter to buy

guru2018

Which Transmitter to buy

Post by guru2018 »

Hello,
I am building my First Quad copter. Done with getting FC up with Aruino Mega2560 + MPU6050 +HMC5883L +BMP085.
Now ordering transmitter. For GPS RTH functionality, is there any special feature required in the transmitter ?
I am planing to buy this transmitter
https://www.fabtolab.com/radio/remote-c ... er-fs-ct6b

Thanks in advance

Kbev5709

Re: Which Transmitter to buy

Post by Kbev5709 »

If you're happy with only 6 channels then it should work, although there are probably better choices out there. With the Mega2560 you will likely use up all your 6 channels and wish you spent more on a TX with more features. You can put probably just about every option you want on the Mega2560 and you could probably use as many extra channels as you can afford to switch between the multitude of modes and options you will have available. This TX will handle a quad, but there's better choices. In the literature for it that I read, it doesn't even mention multirotor use stating that it will handle Model type: glider/heli/airplane. Should work still but not exactly optimized for multirotors. Also the lack of an onboard display is a pain in the neck. You will hate having to hook up to a computer to change parameters. I'm almost happy with a Turnigy 9x (8 channels) but could still use more switch and channel options. Beyond this TX they tend to get really pricey really quick.

guru2018

Post by guru2018 »

Kbev5709, Thanks for the suggestions.Looks like need to spend some more time and I should find a better one.

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

guru2018 wrote:Kbev5709, Thanks for the suggestions.Looks like need to spend some more time and I should find a better one.
That's all they are is suggestions.Like I said, that TX will work for quads. If budget is the most important to you, then get it. If you just want to learn to fly to see if you like it, that would be a way to ease into the hobby. If, down the road you want more, you can always upgrade. I'm just speaking from personal experience. The more your FC can do, the more channels you will need to do it. The Turnigy TX was almost 1/4 of my build budget of $400.00 on my quad. I could have went with a less capable TX but I'm glad I didn't.