Random Receiver Data on MW Config (Solved)

joebob85

Random Receiver Data on MW Config (Solved)

Post by joebob85 »

Hi all,
Im having an odd problem with my MW setup. In the config GUi,I can see all of the sensor data perfectly, however the TX data is jumping all over the place! I dont understand what ive done wrong, as this same setup was working previously. Tested on two different systems, Turnigy 9x and Airtronics RDS8000, but with identical results. Anyone got any ideas?
Attached is a ss of the config gui, and it only shows one value spiking. All 4 of the directional commands are doing this multiple times a second.

::EDIT::
Fixed my problem -
forgot to reference the ground of the receiver and Arduino. All is well now!
Attachments
MW_XT_Data.jpg
Last edited by joebob85 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FengShuiDrone

Re: Random Receiver Data on MW Config

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Last edited by FengShuiDrone on Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joebob85

Re: Random Receiver Data on MW Config

Post by joebob85 »

FengShuiDrone wrote:If you are talking about the graphs portion of your MW Config, the line tracing all over on there is most likely your baro and that is fairly normal readings for that device. Your ACC and gyro will go crazy when you move the craft and that is also normal. Also, my ACC always seems to have very, very slight deviations here and there on my graph when the quad is at rest and it never causes any problems in flight. My gyro is always rock solid when at rest.
When you say it only shows one value spiking it leads me to believe you mean the graph because that is the only thing that suggests movement in your screenshot.

After looking at the screen in larger format I can see that your throttle is higher than the other graphs. If you mean that the pitch, roll, yaw and throttle are jumping all over, that is not normal and there is no obvious reason for it to happen especially using two different radios other than a corrupt MW configurator install. If that is what you are talking about I would first try reinstalling the MW Configurator file. After that I'm lost.

FengShuiDrone the for the info.
Tried a re-up of MW 2.3, no luck. And yes it is the pitch,roll,throttle, and yaw that are jumping about. Im at a loss at this point.

guru2018

Re: Random Receiver Data on MW Config (Solved)

Post by guru2018 »

Same problem. GND arduino fixed the issue.

UAV Noob

Re: Random Receiver Data on MW Config (Solved)

Post by UAV Noob »

I am having the same issue. I have a Quadrino Nano flight controller providing my data to MultiWii via USB cable. The USB is in return providing power to the flight controller. The flight controller provides +5v and ground to the receiver on my channel 1. On channel 1 I also have Ail, 2 is ele, 3 is throttle, 4 is yaw. My data (not the graph) in the upper right (bars) is randomly twitching out. When I do a voltage test on the + and - receiver pins I show 5v so the power and ground must be working. What am I missing? I have a Flysky fs-r9b receiver.