Building New Quad

ajar

Building New Quad

Post by ajar »

Hi everyone,
I am new here, hope this forum's cool :P
I am looking to build a quadcopter for FPV, with not too big of a budget. ($300 - $400)
I've been looking on HobbyKing (just want to build from there, to keep things simple) and I've found some parts I'd like to start off with.
Firstly, the frame is a 450mm frame. This is the sort of size I'd like to use. The link for this is below. Will a gimbal mount be able to be mounted on this? Also, just to begin with, I'd like to be able to mount my go pro to this frame too, if it won't work, any suggestions? :P

http://hobbyking.com...CB_Version.html

Next, I want to use the MultiWii PRO board. I know this sounds dumb using this advanced board from the get go, but I'd like to use all the features of the board (like GPS, Compass, Barometer etc.) - which would probably cost much more if I bought a ready to go kit, right?? If there's any other suggestions, please tell me... :)

http://hobbyking.com...GPS_Module.html

I'd like to be able to use my DSMX receiver and 3S 2200mAh batteries (used for my Blade 450 3D). What motors/ESCs do you guys suggest??
Thanks heaps :)

haydent

Re: Building New Quad

Post by haydent »

unfortunately those links dont work, and also you will be pushing up hill to get this sort of support here, this forum tends to lean on the technical side of things, at the detriment to beginners...

i will agree with your thought to get a mega 2560 based board rather than anything less. as you will quickly want access to all its possiblities.

that receiver and batteries will be fine, though they are a too small to be lifting a gopro and gimbal, they will be fine while you are beginning to fly and build, that the batteries i started on, and the will be matched by motors 22-28 in size with 8 to 9 inch props.

to do that with a quad you will be looking at 4s battery with 34 ish motors pretty quick

but just look around on youtube and hk forum/comments/reviews to find more out or rcgroups forum