2 diagonal motors power down?

Kriogenic

2 diagonal motors power down?

Post by Kriogenic »

Hey everyone.

I am building a quad and bought myself a MultiWii calibrated each ESC individually and checked them with the transmitter directly, runs perfectly fine.

Hooked them up to the MultiWii with version 2.3 calibrated all the ESCs together with the config options setup and then reuploaded my config.
The motors I am using are Emax CF2822 and my ESCs are 20A pretty generic speed controllers but they work fine through the transmitter.

I open up the MultiWii GUI and check all the sensors which seem fine and checked my controller readings which were varying from 1498 - 1507 i can't get much closer.

However when I turn on and arm the quad and pull the throttle to 30% all four motors start to spin up then always the same 2 outputs which are both the counter clockwise will spin down and stop while the other two slowly increase in speed.

I have tried nearly everything I've tried calibrating the sensors from the GUI, different ESCs and motors I had lying around and even different batteries incase something was up there but I am still having this issue.

If anyone could shed some light on the issue it would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Kriogenic.

Kriogenic

Re: 2 diagonal motors power down?

Post by Kriogenic »

Solved my own problem by looking around and realizing i posted in the wrong section
I used the information here - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4796
to help me out and it worked great turns out all I needed was to make sure Yaw was EXACTLY 1500 or JUST under 1500 at 1499.

I had mine at 1503 and was getting weird behavior. I also recalibrated the ACC and Mag on the unit and now it all seems good.

Thanks,
Kriogenic.

waltr

Re: 2 diagonal motors power down?

Post by waltr »

Kriogenic wrote:Solved my own problem by looking around and realizing i posted in the wrong section
I used the information here - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4796
to help me out and it worked great turns out all I needed was to make sure Yaw was EXACTLY 1500 or JUST under 1500 at 1499.

I had mine at 1503 and was getting weird behavior. I also recalibrated the ACC and Mag on the unit and now it all seems good.

Thanks,
Kriogenic.

Good you looked through the threads and found the answer.
As you found out the FC was trying to Yaw the quad as per the RX yaw channel input so what you saw is the FC working perfectly.