HELP with MultiStar ESCs (or any ESC really)!

cschwab145

HELP with MultiStar ESCs (or any ESC really)!

Post by cschwab145 »

HI all. I have an issue with the MutliWii output to my ESCs. I am using a MultiWii 2.0 Pro from WitespyQuad.com and using four 30A Multistar ESCs from HobbyKing. My issue seems to be calibrating the ESCs. When I calibrate them by directly connecting them to the Rx module, turning on my Tx and keeping throttle high, connecting battery, wait for beeps, lower throttle, etc then the throttle range is fine! When I'm at minimum throttle the motor is off and as I max out the throttle the motor speed gradually increases and decreases. BUT when I plug them into the MultiWii board, the throttle ranges get all messed up. When I give it the slightest bit of throttle my motors instantly go to what appears to be 60% throttle and the quad lifts off the ground. THe throttle range is not smooth

I have tried using the ESC_CALIB_NO_FLY version of the MultiWii firmware to calibrate my ESCs but that still nothing... I get the same 0% throttle that jumps to 60% at the slightest movement of the throttle stick.

Any suggestions?!

waltr

Re: HELP with MultiStar ESCs (or any ESC really)!

Post by waltr »

The problem probably is that your transmitter has not been properly setup.
Study this tutorial:
http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/videos.html