high PPM reading on one motor.

Zephyrhills

high PPM reading on one motor.

Post by Zephyrhills »

Hey guys,

This is my first post! But I built my quad, and my PPM results for my motors are kinda odd. Now I have never owned a quad before, this is my first one.

anyway, I noticed my PPM results when I armed my Flip 1.5 I seen that they werent the same.

Here are the results:

FRONT_L = 1220
FRONT_R = 1567
REAR_L = 1839
REAR_R = 1220

Help? haha Is there anyway to fix this? I tried to sync my ESCs by plugging them individually into my throttle channel, and turning on my TX, high Throttle, than powered on the ESC + motor, then lowered the throttle stick (it beeped once then I lowered it). That did not work at all.

Thanks for your help in advance

waltr

Re: high PPM reading on one motor.

Post by waltr »

Are these value while in Flight? or not hovering?
Which Flight mode?
If in ANGLE did you cal the Accel?
When booting did you ensure the FB board was motionless during Gryo cal?

Zephyrhills

Post by Zephyrhills »

There is a picture of my setup in the multiwii config. I havnt flown it yet because of this problem, I dont wanna flip it and break my frame.

anyway, yeah, I havnt touched it when doing both calibrations. The picture speaks for its self haha, thats all the information I know about whats going on. Maybe I should jut reflash(re upload the quadx program) and try again?

Zephyrhills

Post by Zephyrhills »

I just repeated the throttle thing, and I noticed that my pitch and roll where slightly off....I leveled it, and it had no affect. the motor essecntially goes to full throttle.

waltr

Post by waltr »

First, get all the values from the sticks centered at 1500. This is done in the transmitter setup.
How are the stick End Points? They need to go from 1000 to 2000.

Then try re-calibrating that one ESC. It sometimes happens that the cal doesn't take correctly.

Next is to tie down the Quad with just enough slack to allow it to lift and level. Then start running up the throttle.
While the quad is NOT in the Air the FC can do odds things.

Zephyrhills

Post by Zephyrhills »

ok Ill try and re calibrate. Ill send an email to witespy to see what he says as well. Anyway, the stick scaling goes from 1000 +/-50 to 2000 +/- 50 I cant get the full range for some reason. I am running an old 72 mhz (6exa) radio, and I am thinking of picking up a Futaba 6J to replace it. I also notice that my AUX 2 goes high and low randomly, and I dont have it connected to anything....I thought that was odd.

But thanks for your help!

scrat

Post by scrat »

Change the Tx. And if you'll have futaba, then you must center sticks at 1520.