Arduino Quadcopter

sparkythegrea

Arduino Quadcopter

Post by sparkythegrea »

I have recently begun building my own quadcopter, I am using an arduino uno as my flight controller, and am now using MultiWii as my software. I just tested out my 9DoF sensor stick and it works the the GUI. But there is one problem I haven't figured out yet, and can't seem to find much info. I am going to use my digital pwm ports 3 9 10 11 for my 4 esc's. Now my question is how to hook up my 9 ch turnigy receiver. I don't need all 9 channels of course. I just need enough to fly my quad copter. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am doing this build for my final project at my High Schools Fab Lab.

MattQ4

Re: Arduino Quadcopter

Post by MattQ4 »

It's pretty simple, connect the receiver's outputs to the Uno's inputs.

On the Uno D2 is throttle, D4 is roll, D5 is pitch, and D6 is yaw. On most receivers ch1 is roll, ch2 is pitch, ch3 is throttle, and ch4 is yaw (yours could be different). Those are what you need to get flying.

MW Receiver
Roll D4 CH1
Pitch D5 CH2
Yaw D6 CH4
Throttle D2 CH3
AUX1 D7 CH5
AUX2 D12 CH6

On most receivers the outputs are all in a row, with individual power outputs for each in case the user wants to use servos. You only need to connect the signal outputs to the Uno and one power connection. That should get you flying.

PS my quadcopter is a high school project too ;)

sparkythegrea

Post by sparkythegrea »

Thanks so much for the help, I posted this on many forums and found the solution before I checked back on this forum. This is exactly what I found on other forums. Thanks for the reassurance. :D

xackista

Post by xackista »

Hello!!
Can anyone describe the same for Arduino Mega 2560..That will be very helpful. ;)

sparkythegrea

Post by sparkythegrea »

I have recently run into a problem, I have everything hooked up, and have verified that my transmitter works. I go to put my throttle to the right, to start up the motors and they don't start. I hear a beep when I hook up the battery and they twitch, but they won't spin up, any help?