esc will not sync making motors run different speeds

georgecd

esc will not sync making motors run different speeds

Post by georgecd »

I have a multiwii 2.5 crius board and gps. I have 4 skywalker 20a speed controllers everything is properly hooked up. I also have the ar7510 spectrum receiver with satalite. when I hook up the battery to the quad it binds and I have solid light. but when I go to power up the motors one comes on first and then two more start and then the final one engages, but they all run at different speeds. I tried to sync the esc"s they will not sync someone PLEASE HELP ME!! keep in mind I DO NOT HAVE GOOD KNOWLEDGE ON QUADS and I can not plug in to my pc also esc;s will not calibrate

waltr

Re: esc will not sync making motors run different speeds

Post by waltr »

You need to "Calibrate the ESC's to the radios throttle channel". Search for this with Google to learn how.

Before that the transmitter should be setup for no mixing, no expo rates and stick endpoints and center (subtrim) so that you see values from the receiver in the MultiWii Config program of 1000 - 1500 - 2000. Read the MultiWii Wiki and any of the other tutorials on how.

Quads do have a good bit of things to learn. All of which are on the Internet and found with a little time searching.

georgecd

Post by georgecd »

I tried to calibrate the esc but nothing happened. I do not have a way to hook my quad to my pc . I guess ill have to get the set up can you tell me what to get to do this? thanks for your help!

waltr

Post by waltr »

Ok, you really need to connect the FC board to your PC to set it up and to also check that you TX/RX is also properly setup. All this is then done with the MultiWii Config program.
The multiwii 2.5 crius board does not have on-board USB so you need to get the USB adapter board. That are several available and all should work. It will plug into the set of pin labeled "FTDI" on the FC PCB.
Here is an example: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/sto ... er_5V.html

I tried to calibrate the esc but nothing happened.

Describe exactly what you did and what you heard from the ESCs (they make beeping sounds).

georgecd

Post by georgecd »

thank you very much for your help!! ill have to wait till payday for that