HobbyKing SS 25-30A ESC with Simonk

NorcoT

HobbyKing SS 25-30A ESC with Simonk

Post by NorcoT »

Hey all, I've been running my MultiWii 2.3 xquad with some HK SS 25-30A ESC, it flies not bad now after some tuning but I've been looking at flashing the ESC with simonk firmware.

From what I have found online there is a SimonK hex file for the SS series ESC from hobbyking but not found any testimonials as to if it the works for the 25-30 and if its worth it.

Anyone with experience out there with this ESC and simonk? Should I try it out?

Thanks in advance!

scrat

Re: HobbyKing SS 25-30A ESC with Simonk

Post by scrat »

Throw those esc's away and buy HK F30A and flash them with simonk FW. Yours are supersimple :)

NorcoT

Post by NorcoT »

Haha that's a surprisingly common response that I've found. I'm thinking of going for the already flashed simonk ESC from HK but wanting to see what I can do with what I already have first.

copterrichie

Re:

Post by copterrichie »

NorcoT wrote:Haha that's a surprisingly common response that I've found. I'm thinking of going for the already flashed simonk ESC from HK but wanting to see what I can do with what I already have first.

that would greatly depend, some have the old version and prone to problems. You may end up having to re-flash them anyway.

scrat

Re:

Post by scrat »

NorcoT wrote:Haha that's a surprisingly common response that I've found. I'm thinking of going for the already flashed simonk ESC from HK but wanting to see what I can do with what I already have first.

I was just kidding. Try to reflash them with simonk if they can be reflashed.

Plüschi

Re: HobbyKing SS 25-30A ESC with Simonk

Post by Plüschi »

I remember SS escs having "a floating gate" in some conditions making them a bad choice for simonk.
The F20 F30 series are cheap and good. The blue series seem to have problems in the cold.
Well.. try it, if they burn get something else.