EMAX QUATTRO 25A x4 in 1

copterrichie

EMAX QUATTRO 25A x4 in 1

Post by copterrichie »

Emax.jpg

EMAX QUATTRO 25A x4 in 1 Brushless Speed Controller UBEC 3A Quadcopter KK

Anyone have any Pros or Cons on this 4 in one ESC?

Emax.png

waltr

Re: EMAX QUATTRO 25A x4 in 1

Post by waltr »

A Con is if you blow out one ESC the whole unit is bad.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

waltr wrote:A Con is if you blow out one ESC the whole unit is bad.

I think the uniqueness of this one is, each esc can be replaced. Getting a replacement is a totally different issue. :(

Emax02.png

scrat

Post by scrat »

Have one for test at home...too heavy. :(

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

These EMAX QUATTRO 25A x4 in 1 Brushless Speed Controllers ARE JUNK, I would not recommend them at all. Within 30 Seconds of Initial test without props, one of the four ESCs burnt. Please save your money and get some standard ESCs.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

I heard from the vendor and they are sending a replacement esc and I ordered another one from a different source. Maybe I was too quick to judge, lets see what happens upon receipt. :)

iambramha

Post by iambramha »

Donno about the Quattro I ordered a program card that dint work and the support people immediately said they will ship out one with my next order, no questions asked.

enggricha

Post by enggricha »

If they are four individual ESC like that inside...Y not use 4 independent ESCs outside? I mean does this have any specific advantage? apart from saving some power distribution work?

humblehacker

Post by humblehacker »

I was just about to post a question about these, so I'm happy I'm not the only one interested :D I'm still 50/50 on whether or not I want to go with one of these... I have an HK NanoWii that I'm currently using for a flying wing but would like to move up to a quad pretty soon. The NanoWii comes with a Spektrum DSM transmitter for which I'll be using a DX5e. One question I had was whether or not I would have to buy a separate programming card for the EMAX 4in1 or if I could program straight from MultiWii. Also, wondering what a good motor combination would be.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE this device, it is junk!! I ordered two back up ESCs and apparently, there is something wrong with the main motherboard. Burnt one of the ESC and a BRAND NEW Motor. Huge mistake made with this junk. Can not speak for the Hobbywing version.