New Transmitter

Derget

New Transmitter

Post by Derget »

1)
I've got a new receiver (old: orange rx615 new: frsky d8r ii plus) and also transmitter has been changed.
The MINCHECK / MAXCHECK has already been adapted, but I'm not sure if the ESCs must be calibrated again?

2)
Another question is about ARMING. Now I'm using 6 channels and I tried to use the MOTOR_STOP option with a dedicated switch to arm the copter.
If I arm the copter with the switch and slowly increase the throttle three motors starts , but one motor starts spinning very late (45-50%).
With only 4 channel and arming by stick gesture all motors run fine - is this normal when using MOTOR_STOP?

Thanx in advance
derget

rbirdie001

Re: New Transmitter

Post by rbirdie001 »

Hi!
I'm using motor_stop on all my copters (not doing any acro) + arming by stick gesture and all works normally. Tricopter runs motors at similar time but quad sometimes acts strange and one (diagonal) pair of motors start later than the other pair. But no so late as at 50%.
Check with GUI, if your channels signals (pitch, roll, yaw) from the RX are without touching sticks 1500, trim if necessary.
Roman

Derget

Re: New Transmitter

Post by Derget »

I think the problem was that I've tried to do ESC calibration without calibrated ACC and MAG - Any confirmation I would really appreciate!
I don't know if this was the mistake because I've cleared eeprom and also press "reset" in the multiwii gui and after some ESC calibration procedures it seems now to work.
Thanx
derget