Enabling PPM-Output on HK ORX OpenLRSng

qube

Enabling PPM-Output on HK ORX OpenLRSng

Post by qube »

Hi everybody,
as I am close to giving up in desperation I decided to write a quick post in the forum:

I am trying to connect my OpenLRSng-Setup with my 328p-based Multiwii-fc over PPM-Sumsignal.

As far as I understood (from the manual) the ppm-sum is put out on pin 6 (channel 5) on the orxolrs.

The manual says that this is done in alternate setup - now my question is: (and I could not get a definite answer from searching the web)

how do I enable the "alternate" configuration to enable the output of the ppm-sum on pin 6?

I already tried connecting signal pin on channel 7&8 (found this in some forum) and still the output was normal pwm on channel 5...

I'm really hoping for an answer, as I am not able to solve this on my own... thank you!

arne

PatrikE

Re: Enabling PPM-Output on HK ORX OpenLRSng

Post by PatrikE »

Hi.

Use the tool for chrome.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... kgnpndjnkl

sourcecode ant info.
https://github.com/openLRSng/openLRSng-configurator

Easy to flash both Tx & Rx.
Configurable from same tool.

Setup PPM etc.

haydent

Post by haydent »

yes i think they took away the jumper option, also this is the channel option you want in config.h
#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM PITCH,YAW,THROTTLE,ROLL,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4,8,9,10,11 //For Graupner/Spektrum

Jonny360

Post by Jonny360 »

I had this working great. Swapped to new motors and escs. Somehow something got jacked up. Now all my channels go nuts when i flip on my TX all jumping all over from the top to the bottom of their ranges. I tried reloading the firmware but have the same issue. Any ideas?

haydent

Post by haydent »

sounds like you might have a config mismatch between the number of channels you are transmitting and number rx is expecting ?

Jonny360

Post by Jonny360 »

Hrm it seemed to be working before, i'm so confused. I'll go through my config again.

haydent

Post by haydent »

esc bec power ?

Jonny360

Post by Jonny360 »

Yes. And these are new escs. Could that be the issue somehow? I only have one esc powering it, the others have the power wires removed.

haydent

Post by haydent »

maybe if the bec part of it was not rated high enough output for your needs, maybe but im not sure it would act like this, but you could always try a bec or one of the old esc as a bec to see if it fixes it

Jonny360

Post by Jonny360 »

Hrm. I was using 6a plush escs which are rated at 5v .8a. Now I have luminere 12a with 5v 1a bec. It should be fine. Everything seems fine sensor wise. Its just the jumping channels.

haydent

Post by haydent »

yes, 1A would be enough