Newbee needing assistance

scoutmg

Newbee needing assistance

Post by scoutmg »

Good day to all
Here I am, reading, trying to figure all this out, finally got the Devo 7 to connect to the 701 today and finally spun up the motors of the "assembled and ready to fly" yea,,, right,,,,,.. It seems that the two motors that are supposed to be pushing, while the other two are pulling. That is, the LF and RR are pulling air down, while the RF and LR are pushing air up. This is a generic 450 with a MWC2.1. I have it connected via BT to my tablet so I can see what is happening. How do I change the direction of the motors to go the right way???
Thanks in advance
Scoutmg

subaru4wd

Re: Newbee needing assistance

Post by subaru4wd »

You need to make sure you have two standard props and two counter rotating props.

The motors have to spin in this direction (imagine looking down at the top of your frame)

And then match the props so that all 4 create downward thrust.

If you find that the motors are not spinning in the direction they need to (as per the diagram above) you can reverse rotation on a single motor by swapping two of the three motor wires from the ESC. Just take the two wires on the outside, swap them... leave the center wire alone and the motor will reverse its rotation.

scoutmg

Post by scoutmg »

So I reverse the red and black wires going out of the ESC?
Center is Yellow...

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

scoutmg wrote:So I reverse the red and black wires going out of the ESC?
Center is Yellow...

yes

scoutmg

Post by scoutmg »

That did it, thank you. Test flight successful minus loosing two props and caps. Have to order some more...it was in the air, if not for just a couple of minutes. Need to tighten the props more is all.
Also the Android WII diagnostics and mapping software works great!
Thanks again.