charge radio aa batteries: how to?

afaf

charge radio aa batteries: how to?

Post by afaf »

I have a sanwa transmitter, that works with six AA batteries. I see there's a plug on left to charge them keeping them inside. Which charger should I plug??

scrat

Re: charge radio aa batteries: how to?

Post by scrat »

afaf wrote:I have a sanwa transmitter, that works with six AA batteries. I see there's a plug on left to charge them keeping them inside. Which charger should I plug??

Post a picture please.

afaf

Post by afaf »

http://db.tt/HaLtWemI
It works with 6 aa batteries

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

i am not certain, but i believe thats for powering the TX via power brick, i dont think its meant to charge the batteries.

gompf-2

Post by gompf-2 »

Hi,
normaly it shoud be positiv center contact, switched by TX powerswitch (when OFF). Just a wired connection to the battery tray. If you have take a meter to check polarity and then connect an intelligent charger (B6 or something). Never just connect a wall wart as there is now charger electronics behind this sockets.
If you can´t measure a voltage it´s possible that they placed a diode to prevent shorts and leave the option to use a dumb charger (current source), e.g. Graupner MC12, FM314. Then you have to short this (sometimes there is a jumper for this) to use modern chargers as they need voltage measurement for end point detection.

Regards,
gompf