HK Simonk ESC (solved)

tovrin

HK Simonk ESC (solved)

Post by tovrin »

I just got some hobby king 8-10amp ESC with simonk firmware in the mail.

but im doubting they actually have simonk.

the mincommand has to be set at 1120 for them to arm reliably (says in config.h it should be 1064 for simonk)

I had to set my min/max via esc_calib (I was under the impression with simonk this was not necessary or possible)

how can i verify this?
Last edited by tovrin on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AndrejLV

Re: HK Simonk ESC

Post by AndrejLV »

Minthrottle depends on motors not on esc, just increase value till reliable start and rotation of motors.

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

I did get the motors to come on properly, as i stated above, what I'm trying to learn is how to tell if i have simonk firmware as promised by hobbyking.

1. can you set min/max on simonk? i had heard not.
2. with HK SS esc, does it arm at 1120 (per the HK SS comment in config.h) or the simonk 1064 mincommand?

3. and to query Andre's comment, because i was under the impression it was dependant on the ESC, what is the mincommand dependant on? the motor or the esc?

Peter

Post by Peter »

You can calibrate the throttle range of the latest version. Calibrate with multiwii and test. If they do not run idle nice, higher the min throttle.
This should work.

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

thank you peter and andre for your help, but as i said i already have my minthrottle working properly, my question is about verifying if actually have simonk esc or if hobby king ripped me off, again.

hopefully, someone familiar with simonk firmware, especially on the SS variety of hobbyking ESCs can tell me something to look for, either in the beeps, or the settings that i can use to find out if i got simonk firmware or regular SS firmware.

AndrejLV

Post by AndrejLV »

Which esc you got from HK ? link? I am doubt that they are selling simonk loaded. Parhaps it is possible to load simonk fw.

scrat

Post by scrat »

HK does not sell esc's with simonk fw.

Peter

Post by Peter »

If you are not sure, I would advice to flash yourself. In that way you know exactly wat software is in. And you can keep the versions the same if you buy new escs.

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

Apparently i am an idiot. I am not sure where i got it stuck in my head that HK had simonk ESC's but my purchase slip says otherwise. please disregard this post!