FlySky iMax Turnigy 9x Eurgle 9CH

captaingeek

FlySky iMax Turnigy 9x Eurgle 9CH

Post by captaingeek »

Has anyone gotten PPM working with the T6 v2 receivers? Last I checked it was working but the channels / directions were messed up and have to be updated in the config.

mr.rc-cam

Re: FlySky iMax Turnigy 9x Eurgle 9CH

Post by mr.rc-cam »

I can't speak for the Turnigy V2 Rx, but its near twin sold as the FlySky FS-R6B works just fine with PPM-SUM (but is limited to 6-Channels). So if you have problems with the Turnigy Rx then consider using the FlySky version.

BTW, my FlySky 9X Tx is running ER9X software so I setup the channel order in the Tx's mix menus to mimic a JR's PPM order. Of course channel order issues could also be handled in the the MWC define file.

But I've upgraded to a FrSky 2-way telemetry kit on my 9X. I'm now using the FrSky D4FR and D8RSP telemetry receivers. They both have PPM-SUM, support 8-Channels, and work very well with MWC. And the ER9X software upgrade is awesome as well.

- Thomas

captaingeek

Post by captaingeek »

thanks for that. Im using the er9x as well. how do you like telemetry? what are you transmitting? what kinda of range are you getting?

mr.rc-cam

Post by mr.rc-cam »

I am using the telemetry for RSSI and flight pack voltage monitoring. The ER9X nicely integrates the FrSky telemetry data so the Tx displays the voltages and provides audible warning alarms. In a nutshell, it is awesome.

The D8RSP Rx can provide two external voltage measurements. But the D4FR needs to be hacked if you use it to read an external voltage (it defaults to read only the Rx's voltage).

I've been using the 9X for just a few weeks and I haven't tested for full range (not interested in long range with this setup). I've been flying my Quads in park settings within a dense urban environment. No issues to report and I'm very happy with it.

- Thomas

captaingeek

Post by captaingeek »

which line are you using?

/* The following lines apply only for specific receiver with only one PPM sum signal, on digital PIN 2
IF YOUR RECEIVER IS NOT CONCERNED, DON'T UNCOMMENT ANYTHING. Note this is mandatory for a Y6 setup on a promini
Select the right line depending on your radio brand. Feel free to modify the order in your PPM order is different */
//#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM PITCH,YAW,THROTTLE,ROLL,AUX1,AUX2,CAMPITCH,CAMROLL //For Graupner/Spektrum
//#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM ROLL,PITCH,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,CAMPITCH,CAMROLL //For Robe/Hitec/Futaba
//#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM PITCH,ROLL,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,CAMPITCH,CAMROLL //For some Hitec/Sanwa/Others

mr.rc-cam

Post by mr.rc-cam »

The channel order in ER9X was set to match with this:
#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM PITCH,YAW,THROTTLE,ROLL,AUX1,AUX2,CAMPITCH,CAMROLL //For Graupner/Spektrum

captaingeek

Post by captaingeek »

FYI some of the new v2 rx's do not do PPM. I tried 3 luckily one is working. I have a HKv2 that I jsut bought - no ppm. A fsky fs-r6b no ppm. an older hk v2 did the trick.

and #define SERIAL_SUM_PPM ROLL,PITCH,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4 //For Robe/Hitec/Futaba seems to be the correct layout for me.

didlawowo69

Post by didlawowo69 »

thx for this informations about multiwii.
but; if anyone have some informations about to turn on PPM sum on ER9x with turnigy receiver, i'm interessed. (how to connect, which port, config tx)
cause i can't find any document about this subject.

UndCon

Post by UndCon »

I have a Turnigy 9X with EEPE installed (and a few more mods)
This is using FRSK DIY module with telemetry.

I use a FrSky D4FR receiver in PPM mode (only 1 servo cable required)

When this 4ch RX is used in PPM mode it turns into 8channels!
All 8 is usable in multiwii.

I change modes with my 3pos flap-switch, on 2 of the knobs I move the camera angle (pan/tilt) on the gimbal.

I think the PPM-MODE depends on your EEPE setup as well...when I was testing yesterday I found out my config was messed up.
Now it flies again :)

//UndCon

didlawowo69

Post by didlawowo69 »

do you think it's should works with : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... r_V2_.html ?

UndCon

Post by UndCon »

I don't know - I removed the stock module 1st thing.

That and the RX are just lying in a box...

//UndCon

captaingeek

Post by captaingeek »

UndCon wrote:....

Now that's quite interesting considering I just purchased a frysky txt with telem!

captaingeek

Post by captaingeek »

didlawowo69 wrote:do you think it's should works with : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... r_V2_.html ?

No it wont work with PPM as far as I know. Only certain 6channel rx's work and im not sure how to tell them apart.