Spektrum ar6210 2048 res. won't arm Multiwii SE Standard Ed

cr0mz

Spektrum ar6210 2048 res. won't arm Multiwii SE Standard Ed

Post by cr0mz »

Hi,
I have a problem arming my multiwii board. It seems that my receiver is not sending signal to the board, im not sure if it is compatible. I am using AR6210 DSMX receiver on my quadcopter, is this supported?

By the way, i already reflashed and reconfigured my multiwii board but still no go. The receiver was working fine when used in KK Multicopter but not in multiwii. I hope you can help me on this. Thanks a lot.

Update:
I downgraded the firmware from 1.9 to 1.8 last night and still it wont arm, but i can see in the GUI that throttle is going up and down when i move the throttle stick. When i reflashed it to 1.9 again, theres no movement of throttle in GUI when i move the throttle stick.

2/22/2012:
Right now i'm using 1.9 again and used #define SPEKTRUM 2048 since spektrum ar6210 is 2048 resolution, but now when i turned to GUI, its not reading the board. Although there's a blinking light having a series of combination. It seems that the board is rebooting itself that is why it cant be read. My question now is, is 2048 resolution fully tested using different spektrum in 2048 resolution? I hope someone can help me on this before i end up buying another RX.

Danal

Re: Spektrum ar6210 2048 res. won't arm Multiwii SE Standard

Post by Danal »

2048 is tested, including with DSMx satellites. I've flown it.

I'm a bit confused, and it may just be terminology. When you say you are using "AR6210 DSMX receiver", are you using the AR6210X itself? Wired to pins 2,4,5,6 on the board?
In this case, you DO NOT #define spektrum. This is just an "ordinary" receiver from the perspective of the multiwii.

-or-

Are you using a Satellite that was originally bound while plugged in to an AR6210, and has now been unplugged from the AR6210 and plugged into a 3.3V adapter and then into the serial port on your board? Example for a promini: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-0AaO ... G_0305.JPG

If so, to which serial port is the Satellite plugged? Your statement that you are using the GUI at the same time implies that you have the GUI in Serial0 of your board and the Spektrum Satellite elsewhere. What port?

In this case, you #define SPEKTRUM 1024 or 2048 depending on both the Receiver's 1024/2048 support, and depending on the TRANSMITTER used to bind. We know what RX, what TX?

cr0mz

Post by cr0mz »

I-'m using AR6210-X (http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Defa ... =SPMAR6210) and DX6i as TX. For the board I'm using MWC MultiWii SE Standard Edition and wired each to respective pins, like RX throttle to board throttle, RX elevator to board evelater and so fort. The satellite is only to AR6210-X and not plugged to the board. Do i still need to use #define spektrum?

Danal

Post by Danal »

cr0mz wrote:I-'m using AR6210-X (http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Defa ... =SPMAR6210) and DX6i as TX. For the board I'm using MWC MultiWii SE Standard Edition and wired each to respective pins, like RX throttle to board throttle, RX elevator to board evelater and so fort. The satellite is only to AR6210-X and not plugged to the board. Do i still need to use #define spektrum?

No. Define SPEKTRUM is for using the satellite plugged directly into the board. For using any Spektrum RX wired as you describe, no special defines are required.

nickax

Crius 0.2 SE Multwiii will not arm (SOLVED)

Post by nickax »

Multiwii SE crius 0.2 se

Hi All

I struggled with the same issue for hours

The (very simple, although counterintuitive) solution is to uncheck all of the "ARM" boxes in the GUI. (then hold the throttle stick in the bottom right corner for 1 second)

The armed state is indicated by a solid blue LED - you will also see the four motor outputs being driven in the GUI

My checkboxes are extremely unresponsive but after 5 or 6 determined clicks, they can be toggled.

You also need the channel end points (ATV, Travel adjust..) so that you're acheiving a range of (approximately) 1000 to 2000 on the channel indicators in the GUI (but this is clearly sated elsewhere)

There is a new, optional arming procedure - introduced in v1.9 i think - allowing you to arm via an auxiluary channel - but if you don't have aux connected (and do have an arm box ticked) - you cannot arm.

Hope this helps somone

Danal

Re: Crius 0.2 SE Multwiii will not arm (SOLVED)

Post by Danal »

nickax wrote:My checkboxes are extremely unresponsive but after 5 or 6 determined clicks, they can be toggled.

For some obscure reason related to Processing and/or the control library used, the boxes are only clickable in their upper left corners. Try putting the very tip of a standard cursor (or hot spot of a custom cursor) in the handful of upper left pixels inside the box.

noobee

Re: Crius 0.2 SE Multwiii will not arm (SOLVED)

Post by noobee »

Danal wrote:
nickax wrote:My checkboxes are extremely unresponsive but after 5 or 6 determined clicks, they can be toggled.

For some obscure reason related to Processing and/or the control library used, the boxes are only clickable in their upper left corners. Try putting the very tip of a standard cursor (or hot spot of a custom cursor) in the handful of upper left pixels inside the box.

i find that i have to click-and-drag within the box, similar to how we change pid values. consistently works for me.