FrSKy XM+ International -> LBT

FHoevi

FrSKy XM+ International -> LBT

Post by FHoevi »

Hi there,
does anyone perhaps know about problems to flash a FrSKy XM+ from International to LBT firmware? Is it maybe always only possible to flash an International device with the International firmware and an LBT device with LBT firmware?

My problem is that I purchased 3 devices of that type via BG in China (while not knowing whether they are of International or LBT type), can flash them with LBT firmware, get a successful bind to a Taranis X9D Plus 2019 LBT, but reception is poor even if being as close as possible to the Rx. The green LED is flashing but gets interrupted by a stedy red LED. Maybe this indicates that the software protocol does not fit the hardware? Or is the hardware always the same and just the firmware has those protocol differences?

On the other hand there are no such problems with an R-XSR (genuine LBT version), firmware flashing with no issues at all, easy bind to the Taranis, very good reception and nice flight performance with no issues at all.

Thx in advance for your thoughts...

Hamburger

Re: FrSKy XM+ International -> LBT

Post by Hamburger »

with my limited understanding, the flash process is not consciescent of the contents to be flashed.
Can you re-flash the international version?