Best Transmitter/radio??

mrclean1972

Best Transmitter/radio??

Post by mrclean1972 »

*newbie alert*

so I'm doing my first build, already bought a MultiWii PRO Ez3.0 Blacked MAG Editon Flight Controller w/ GPS from readytoflyquads.com

now I'm looking to buy a good Radio Transmitter. For a beginner it is hard for me to understand that I can get a Turnigy 9XR for $50 bucks but a Spektrum DX9 is almost $500. Would love to hear what that's all about.

Main reason for my post was cause I emailed a HorizonHobby about the DX9 and the MultiWii and this was their reply:

"Our DX9 is a full programmable 9-channel radio that includes travel adjustment at bare minimum. As long as the receiver your are using is DSM2/DSMX it should work. However there is no implied guarantee as we do no support the MulitWii and do not have any information on the product."

the "no implied guarantee" part is why I post. I assume it'll work with this flight controller but wanted to ask the forum. Not to mention hear what other suggestions people might have.

Thanks

sismeiro

Re: Best Transmitter/radio??

Post by sismeiro »

In my opinion you can't go wrong with a Turnigy 9XR. :)

kilby

Post by kilby »

There is no best transmitter simply what you can afford and feel comfortable using.

If you are looking at the x9 family I would suggest spending the extra money (not much more) and getting the Tranaris.

The x9 looks cheap until you have to buy the transmitter module as well

I fly a Spektrum dx7s I'm happy with it, had great after sales service but if I was buying again I think it would be a Tranaris.

brewski

Post by brewski »

+1 for the Spektrum DX7. I picked it up 2nd hand for $120 with receiver + satellite RX. Solid reliable, drop proof, great range & loads of good clone RXs such as Lemon available for as little as $15.

Mweeks

Post by Mweeks »

I've used the FS-TH9X for a couple years (same as the X9) and it's been a great radio for the money. It's capabilities have surpassed anything I've needed it for and been reliable. Others definitely are nicer, but I've never thought twice about what I have.