The ideal multicopter

Vallekano

The ideal multicopter

Post by Vallekano »

Hello, and sorry for my English.

I'm starting with multicopters and I have a question that I can not solve, rather than read on the internet.

Each multicopter is different and there multicopter to adjust the appropriate PID values​​, but in an ideal case, the higher the P, get with the stability multicopter, right?

I mean, if we want a very stable device should put a very high P value.

But the value of P can not put it as loud as we want, but you have to be tested by raising the value of P until the device becomes unstable.

All this I just said is correct, right?

And if successful, now comes the question:
What parameters influence that may rise more or less the value of P? Or that a multicopter parameters make it more or less stable?

Consider a case like mine that I have the WM + and the original Nunchuck.

I can think of these parameters:
- Chassis symmetric
- Chassis with well-balanced center of mass
- Few vibrations
- Size multicopter
- Weight multicopter
- Type (TRI, QUAD, HEXA,...)

Did I leave any parameter? Which of these influence much or little?

In summary: If you would like to make the world more stable multicopter, which aspects would take care of.

Thank you,
Oscars.

capt

Re: The ideal multicopter

Post by capt »

Vibrations, Vibrations, Vibrations,
Well balanced props are crucial. Well balanced motors with no bad bearings are very important, feel for vibs on arm while running up.
WM+ is fine, the Nunchuck not so good. look at abma020 or IMU like FF, Drotek etc.
Proper PID tunning
Never had a hexa, quad slightly more stable than Tri if both well balanced and setup.
balanced frame
size> whats pratical for mission
Weight> heavier more stable but shorter flight times.

In that order is my experience.

mr.rc-cam

Re: The ideal multicopter

Post by mr.rc-cam »

All good points. But keep in mind that it's not all up to the model; The pilot's personal preference is another element that determines PID values. What I mean is that higher PID values will make the most precisely made model fly more stable and require less pilot/stick interaction. But as the pilot's skills improve some would rather have more stick authority and a more agile flying model. So PID values can be reduced to provide the "feel" that the pilot wants.

- Thomas