GPS reciever chips

lalalandrus

GPS reciever chips

Post by lalalandrus »

I have for sale quite a number of GPS chips - Trimble Copernicus @ 1hz update rate. I will update this when i have none left

These are bare chips with no antenna but a simple wire cut to 1/2 lambda for 1.5ghz is sufficient.
While bare chips, they have enough circuitry wrapped around them under the metal can to not need to inject power for active antennas, input antenna filtering, and LNA. They also have eeprom to save the settings and two ports for output so you can monitor.

10 dollars each + 3 dollar shipping.

Rules of engagement:
- no returns
- these are "used" in the sense they have been soldered onto a board, but they have not been powered up, a different part of the board was not designed properly
- doa guarantee, if you receive defective ill send you another one if you can show me a picture of you destroying the first one (ie cut in half) - i dont have time to test them all
- these will be shipped via normal post, the chips are small enough, they will be padded with news print.
- there is no tracking number
- lost or doa i will only send one replacement at my discretion

Pics:
connected to ftdi cable to connect to computer
Last edited by lalalandrus on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

matbogdan

Re: GPS reciever chips

Post by matbogdan »

do you still have them avaible ?

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

im interested, but i do not see how to order, do you use paypal?

lalalandrus

Post by lalalandrus »

i have them available and i do use paypal. i think i have to revise the shipping costs a bit to $3. best to send me a PM if interested in buying

thanks

charbot

Post by charbot »

Interested -just sent you a PM
Charlie

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

As soon as i hear some positive feedback from someone using one, if there are any left ill get one.

KoekieMonster

Post by KoekieMonster »

are these usable for gps hold and gps gps home functions on multiwii?

KoekieMonster

lalalandrus

Post by lalalandrus »

Sorry for not checking this thread lately [email alterts wasnt setup properly :( ]. Just sent a couple to Koekie, he can let you know what he thinks of them when he gets them in a couple weeks. The chips are available and paypal only.

Katch

Post by Katch »

Unless these can be set to at least 5hz but pref 10hz then they aren't supported by current GPS functions.

Just FYI

lalalandrus

Post by lalalandrus »

Katch wrote:Unless these can be set to at least 5hz but pref 10hz then they aren't supported by current GPS functions.

Just FYI

you can definatley query it more than 5hz, BUT the data is "OLD" and is only updated at 1hz

KoekieMonster

Post by KoekieMonster »

I have just received the GPS chips, tested one of them and it works like a charm, used the teensy as a usb-serial converter and 10cm of copper wire as antenna. used trimble gps studio to test.
Now I'll just have to make it work with teensy and multiwii.
Thanks.

KoekieMonster