Provide digital barometers, FBM320, to be altimeters

FMTI-Taiwan

Provide digital barometers, FBM320, to be altimeters

Post by FMTI-Taiwan »

Dear All,

Our company, FMTI, coming from Taiwan could design and manufacture digital barometers. I would like to propose our FBM320, which is pin-to-pin compatible with Bosch BMP280.
Brief specifications are listed as follows. If you are interesting in our products, please feel free to contact me. Thanks for your attention. I look forward to hearing from you.

*FMTI FBM320: Digital MEMS pressure sensor module
*Pressure range: 300~1100 hPa
*Supply voltage: 1.7~5.5V(VDD) ; 1.2~5.5V(VDDIO)
*Package: LGA;2.0 x 2.5 x 0.95 mm
*Low Power: 4.9 uA (1 sample/sec, low-power mode)
*High resolution: 8.1cm (0.98Pa) (RMS)
*Conversion time: 11.9ms (Ultra-high resolution mode)
*I2C and SPI serial interface

<p.s> If this post violates the rules of this board, please let me know and I will modify to follow rules.

Sincerely,
Maxwell (E-Mail: Maxwell@fmti.com.tw)

edsimmons3

Re: Provide digital barometers, FBM320, to be altimeters

Post by edsimmons3 »

Hi Maxwell,

Would interested parties be able to obtain some samples for trials? Thanks,
Ed

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

you want to see us adding support for your baro into MWii?

FMTI-Taiwan

Post by FMTI-Taiwan »

Hi Ed,
I would like to know that samples are requesting for yourself or for your company?
We are glad to support members to try FBM320. Please contact me with e-mail and let me know how you plan to use barometers.

Hi Hamburger,
Yes, we want to add support for our barometers into Multiwii. As I know, Bosch BMP085 and MSI MS5611 are both used by Multiwii platform.
I have no idea how to contact the key person of Multiwii about accepting new barometers. Please give me a hand if you can help.

Best regards,
Maxwell

Leo

Post by Leo »

Maxwell,

if you are also focusing the item for public use then I would recommend you offer a breakout board that would fit on a breadboard but with a foot print as small as possible.

I also work with baro sensors on a project of my own http://www.ALTDuino.de. Precision and reliability is utmost important. I'll gladly give your sensor a try.

Leo

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

FMTI-Taiwan wrote:Hi Hamburger,
Yes, we want to add support for our barometers into Multiwii. As I know, Bosch BMP085 and MSI MS5611 are both used by Multiwii platform.
I have no idea how to contact the key person of Multiwii about accepting new barometers. Please give me a hand if you can help.

Hey Maxwell,
we have no clear predefined way to induce new hardware - you could simply offer samples here and wait for interested parties to reply and state interest to do the work. As it is only hardware support in the first place for yet another i2c sensor/baro, I would presume most work would be relatively easy.
Liko Leo mentioned, to get things rolling before the mostly unknown asian AIl-In-One board vendors pick up the interest in your sensor, it will greatly enhance early acceptance if/when you can provide breakout boards as a product for general availablilty.

FMTI-Taiwan

Post by FMTI-Taiwan »

Dear Messrs.:
Thanks for your suggestion. We don’t have such products so far. We will try to add FBM320 onto breakout boards.

We can offer samples and provide the following software support for operating barometers.
I believe that it is easy to use FBM320 by following our guidelines.

Best regards,
Maxwell